Thank you for reaching and your interest in Citizen Cider.
We currently do not have an internship program. We recognize the value of interns and hope at some point we can incorporate that into our business.
We do want to be thoughtful about internships so people have a rich experience therefore, it will take some time for us to make it happen.
NEw York City – Sales Manager
Citizen Cider, founded in 2010 on a hunch and some good old-fashioned hard work, has quickly become a leading player in the craft cider arena. Citizen Cider strives to look at the bigger picture and focuses on being involved in every aspect of their supply chain, sourcing all fruit directly from local farmers and pressing the juice to create a true craft cider. Never from concentrate.
The NYC Sales Representative will work autonomously to focus on distributor management, developing new accounts, maintaining current accounts and building the Citizen Cider brand within the territory
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Regular ride-along with wholesaler representatives.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill the needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on a daily basis w/ Sales Manager regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations, and all other sales-related issues.
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/ performance monthly, report at the monthly sales meetings.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision-maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- Search for new placements while merchandising accounts.
- Visit accounts daily.
- Participate in samplings, promotions, festivals, and all related events.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with our wholesaler sales managers.
- Conduct sales meetings/ presentations with our wholesaler’s sales staff.
- Attend weekly and quarterly sales meeting with Citizen Cider’s sales staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Excellent Time Management Skills – able to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills. Able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Social perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Decision-making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Some analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in meeting sales and revenue goals.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Basic computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license, a registered, reliable and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.