Job Title: Head Cider Maker
Supervisor: Production Manager
Status: Full time, Exempt
The Head Cider Maker is a management position on the Production Team and responsible for supervising the cider making process from receipt of juice to package. Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills are crucial skills required for this position. Hard work, mutual respect and community are core values required for success in the company.
Citizen Cider uses only locally-sourced, whole fruit to create to up to 12 different varieties of hard cider. We currently package 350-400 BBL’s of cider per week, year- round. Our hard ciders range from dry to sweet and utilize aromas derived from specific apple varieties as well as, but not limited to, unconventional yeasts and bacteria. We rely on sterile filtration to perform a stop-fermentation process, which results in natural residual sugars providing the different levels of sweetness in our ciders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Supervision of cider making process by scheduling transfers, filtration, testing, and other process steps for each active batch of cider.
- Supervision of cider making staff with respect to scheduling, training, goal setting and performance reviews.
- Monitor, collect and report data on all active batches of cider in process.
- Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting all cider making equipment.
- Ensure all sanitation and safety practices are implemented and followed on production floor.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments around ongoing cider quality and development.
- Organization of all production inventory: cider ingredients, cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Manage and adhere to budgets for production inventory
- Lead, manage, and report on primary QC program for existing cider brands
- Other duties may be assigned.
Previous Experience Required:
- 3-5 years experience in fermentation science, oeneology, brewing, or related field
- Experience supervising staff and scheduling
- Experience working with fermentation equipment and analytical testing equipment
- Punctual, reliable and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to multitask.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
- An appreciation for the agricultural basis of our product and the nuances it imposes on production throughout the year.
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11/4/16